This weekend and the last few days have been long and full of excitements, some great stuff, some disappointment, some heartbreak and sadness. Yes, quite a mix of emotions... With all of that came a lack of sleep, fatigue, some doubt and some confidence too. By the time yesterday rolled around, I really wanted a treat. Big time! That was when I saw this post. Chocolate. And nut butter. And so simple and easy to make... My kind of treat!
My version is different, but still very simple and easy to make. These squares are very rich, so one small square hits the spot nicely. Hope you make them, and like them. I keep these in the fridge and plan on freezing some, I bet they will be awesome straight out of the freezer on a warm summer day...
Salted Chocolate, Almond & Strawberry Squares
Makes 16 squares
- 2x 100g dark chocolate bars (I used 1 x 70% & 1 x 85%)
- 0.5 cup natural almond butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 0.25-0.5 tsp coarse Himalayan pink salt (Depends on personal preference. I am sure sea salt would work too)
- 1.5 cups chopped strawberries
- Over low-medium heat, using a double broiler method, slowly melt the dark chocolate with nut butter, honey and salt
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper, a bit of it hanging over each side of the pan
- Remove from heat and fold in strawberries using a spatula
- Pour the chocolate/strawberry mixture into the pan and spread evenly
- Cool completely in the fridge before cutting into squares
Store in the fridge or freezer.