Straight to the point today, which is the recipe! This is actually the first in a two part series - with both recipes featuring the same simple pulled pork recipe. A few notes:
- The cooking method for the pork is really simple so it can be 'dressed up' in a few different way
- This salad is really easy to tweak the quantities of everything in this recipe to fit the amount of people you are feeding and to suit personal taste
- Make sure you have left overs for recipe #2!
Pulled Pork & Pineapple Salad
- 3lbs pork shoulder ('Boston butt' is best if you can get some)
- Enough stock to come half way up the pork
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1.5 tbsp GF soy sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 radicchio
- 2-3 endive
- Place the pork shoulder in the slow cooker. Pour stock in the slow cooker to come around half way up the pork. Cook for 6-7 hours on low or until you can shred the pork.
- Once done, shred the pork using 2 forks
- In a small bowl, mix the mustard and soy sauce
- Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium heat and add around 1lbs pulled pork and the soy sauce/mustard mix
- Cook over low-medium heat until the pork is slightly crisp
- While the pork is cooking, thinly slice the radicchio and endive
- Combine pork, pineapple, endive and radicchio. You can add more or less pineapple, as you want
You can change quantities easily to feed more/less people
A small hint for the 2nd recipe - it involves maple syrup, yum!