I realize we are already almost half way through January, but happy 2014! 2013 was an interesting ride... Great moments, disappointments, heartbreak, a new city, new challenging projects (like Pacific Tri-Works... Its been huge for me and the greater Vancouver high performance triathlon community), success and lots of learning. 2014 - bring it on! I will keep this post short and sweet - just to share a quick and easy recipe with you. I've had to take it a bit easier in the last few weeks as I have been at a tail end of a mild CFS relapse, but I do have several book updates, for those of you who are wondering.
Almond, coconut & lime broccoli
- 1 large broccoli head
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Handful of almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks green onion, sliced
- Chop the broccoli into small pieces and steam, leaving it a little bit crunchy
- While the broccoli is cooking, blend the rest of the ingredients other than the almonds and green onions in a blender / immersion blender / small food processor until smooth
- Once the broccoli is cooked, toss it in the sauce and top with almonds and green onions
You will likely end up with some left over sauce... It is really great as salmon or chicken marinade to go with this side! To make this a meal, you can add some roasted yams to the broccoli, top with a couple of poached eggs and an avocado on the side.