I have had the urge to bake almond butter cookies all afternoon. I'm not really sure why, but I just had to stop by the grocery store after run coaching this evening so I can get some almond butter to bake cookies!
As a side note, while I was waiting in line at the grocery store, I was standing behind a very overweight couple buying 13 or 14 cans of organic pop. Last time I checked, just because it's organic, doesn't mean it is all of a sudden good for you... But that's not really relevant, so lets go back to my almond butter cookies, shall we?
Almond butter cookies
- 3/4 cup raw almond butter (smooth or chunky)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 tsp almond or vanilla extract (pure, alcohol free)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder (aluminum & gluten free)
- as many dark chocolate chips as you want (within reason... haha)
- Pre heat oven to 350. Mix almond butter, almond or vanilla extract and honey together. Add the egg and mix until everything is combined well. Add coconut and baking powder and mix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- The mixture will be sticky, but pretty manageable. Roll the dough into balls, flatten them and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 11-12 minutes, transfer to a cooling rack, wait a few minutes (if you can) and enjoy! Its OK if they the cookies seem a bit soft when they come out of the oven, they will firm as they cool.